• Register to Vote
    You can register to vote either at the City Clerk's Office, Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM or at the polls on election day.

    Please bring proof of your Presque Isle residency with you. Acceptable forms of residency would include: Maine Driver's License with your Presque Isle address listed or a Maine Driver's License and a utility bill indicating your Presque Isle residency.

Register to Vote | City of Presque Isle | Presque Isle, Maine

Elections fall under the jurisdiction and rules of the Secretary of State and the laws of the State of Maine for federal, state and local elections. The regular annual city election is held on the first Tuesday in November. All voting takes place at the Sargent Family Community Center located at 24 Chapman Street.

New Voter Registration

If you are registering in the City of Presque Isle for the first time, please make sure everything is filled out on your voter registration card. In order to register, you must provide identification and proof of residency.  Acceptable forms of identification and residency include a Maine driver’s license, Maine ID card, passport, passport card and military ID. If you do not have a current Maine License, other acceptable proofs of residency include: a rent receipt, utility bill or piece of mail with your name on it.  However, mail marked ‘Resident’ is not acceptable.

Absentee Ballots

To obtain an absentee ballot for future elections, you can make a request no later than the Thursday prior to the Election.

  • Via the State of Maine (click the following link https://www1.maine.gov/online/AbsenteeBallot/11_14.pdf)
  • By telephone at 207-760-2720.  Note: You can only request your own ballot.
  • In person, at the City Clerk’s office located at City Hall, 12 Second Street.

Party Enrollments (Primary Elections Only)

If you are enrolled in a party (Republican, Democrat or Green Independent), and  want to change your party, you must do so 15 days before the primary.  NOTE: You must to stay in that party for at least three months.

If you are “unenrolled”, you may choose a party at any time.  If you do not wish to choose a party, you are still able to vote on local issues such as council seats and school budget questions.