Where can I obtain a dog license?
Dog licenses are available at the City Clerk’s Office at Presque Isle City Hall, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM. Tags are available on October 15th. Renewals on or after February 1st will be subject to a late fee of $25 per dog.
Proof of current rabies shot and neutering must be shown. Please bring a copy of the current rabies certificate.
What is the cost?
- Spayed/neutered dog: $6.00
- Dog capable of offspring: $11.00
- Kennel license (1-10 dogs): $42.00
- Late fee (after Jan. 31st): $25.00 for each dog
What do my dog licensing fees support?
- Local Animal Control Officers and State Humane Agents
- Investigation of animal cruelty complaints and enforcement of animal welfare laws
- Compliance with rabies vaccination of dogs
- Care for sick and injured stray animals
- Return of lost dogs to their owners
Have you lost your dog’s tag and it is not time to renew the license?
You need to obtain a new tag from the City Clerk’s Office at Presque Isle City Hall for $1.00.
May a dog run at large* in the State of Maine?
It is unlawful for any dog to run at large except when it is used for hunting. (*At large means off the premises of the owner and not under the control of any person.)
The City of Presque Isle does have an ordinance on the disposal of dog waste.
Presque Isle City Ordinance, Chapter 36. A domesticated animal shall be considered a nuisance if it soils, defiles or defecates on any public or private property, other than the owner’s property, and the owner shall be obligated to remove and properly dispose of such waste promptly from any such public or private property.